Camping at Washington Monument State Park
Youth Group Area #2
May 17 to 19, 2013, Friday to Sunday
Meet at VMES at 5:00 Pm on Friday
rafting at Butt Tubes - 10:00 am
Return home Sunday between 11:00 & 12:00
Cost: includes rafting and food for weekend
$30 for Scouts
$35 for family members
Commitment & Money by
May 6, 2011 Troop Meeting
Directions to campground:
Monument State Park can be reached off Interstate 70 westbound to Exit 49, MD Alternate Route 40.
Travel westbound (turn left) on Alternate 40 for approximately 9 miles.
At the top of South Mountain, turn right on Washington Monument Road.
After 1 mile, the road intersects with Zittlestown Road at a four-way stop.
Go straight to enter the park.
For Butt Tubes Inc from Campground
10985 Harpers Ferry Rd
Purcellville, VA 20132
1. Head southwest on Zittlestown Rd toward US-40 Alt E/Old National Pike 0.9 mi
2. Slight right at US-40 Alt W/Old National Pike 1.2 mi
3. Take the 2nd left onto MD-67 S/Rohrersville Rd 12.1 mi
4. Take the ramp onto US-340 W Entering Virginia 1.8 mi
5. Turn left at Harpers Ferry Rd/State Route 671 Destination will be on the right 0.7 mi